Ricoh launches 4A PWM step-down DCDC converter for industrial, automotive and consumer applications
Point of Load power supplies solve the challenge of high peak current demands and low noise margins, required by high-performance processors, by placing individual power supply regulators close to their point of use.
The device features a range of protection circuits contributing to the safe operation of the application. A Power-Good (PG) output provides a fault signal to the system when the device is not ready for regular operation or when any of the protection circuits or states are active.
- An Under Voltage Lock Out (UVLO) function disables the chip below a minimum input voltage level.
- The Thermal Shutdown function protects the device during an overload condition and disables it when exceeding a temperature threshold.
- The Output Over Voltage Detection (OVD) and Under Voltage Detection (UVD) indicate a fault signal when the output voltage is 20% above or below the regular setting value.
- With the Over Current protection option, the designer can either select from a latched mode or fold-back version, depending on the application requirements.
- Latched over current protection shuts down the chip after detecting an excessive high load for a specified time and requires a reboot of the power supply to resume to normal operation after removing the excessive load. The fold-back protection circuit is triggered in a similar way but reduces the switching frequency in order to lower the excessive load current, the circuit will be released automatically after removing the excessive load.
The adjustable Soft Start Time provides a smooth output voltage ramp up, by using an external capacitor. The oscillator frequency is internally fixed at 2.3MHz and the RP510 requires a small inductor of 1mH. RP510 is available in a compact 3 x 3mm DFN3030-12 package, convenient to be used on high density boards.
Input Voltage Range 2.5V to 5.5V
Output Voltage Range 0.8V to 3.3V
Output Voltage Accuracy ±1% (Vset ≥ 1.2V), ±12mV (Vset < 1.2V)
Feedback Voltage Accuracy ±6mV (Vfb = 0.6 V)
Output/Feedback Voltage Temperature Coefficient ±100ppm/°C
Standby Current Typ.0.35μA (RP510LxxN), Typ.0.01μA or less (RP510LxxG/H/J)
Oscillator Frequency Typ. 2.3MHz
Built-in Driver On-resistance (Pch./Nch.) Typ.40mΩ (VIN=3.6V)
Maximum Duty Cycle Min. 100%
Operating Temperature Range −40°C to 85°C
UVLO, LX Peak Current Limit, Latch/Foldback Overcurrent Protection,Thermal Shutdown
Power Good Output NMOS Open-drain Output
* Above details refer to consumer version, please visit our website for industrial and automotive specifications
Who are Ricoh?
Ricoh is a global technology company specializing in office imaging equipment, production print solutions, document management systems and IT services. Headquartered in Tokyo, Ricoh Group operates in about 200 countries and regions. In the financial year ending March 2015, Ricoh Group had worldwide sales of 2,231 billion yen (approx. 18.5 billion USD).
The majority of the company’s revenue comes from products, solutions and services that improve the interaction between people and information. Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras and specialized industrial products. It is known for the quality of its technology, the exceptional standard of its customer service and sustainability initiatives.
Want to find out more? Contact us to see how our range of Ricoh products can improve your technology solution.